Friday, November 11, 2011

Your Feedback Helps Brown Dog Make Better Decisions


Brown Dog Foundation's National Board is working diligently to make 2012 its best year ever and establish itself as a Virtual Giving Program - offering assistance to anyone, anytime, anywhere. In doing so we would appreciate your input by taking this short survey. This should take only take a few minutes of your time and your answers are anonymous, so please be honest.

Each month, Brown Dog Foundation receives 110+ applications for assistance from across the country. Of those who apply, nearly 70% (71) qualify for our financial assistance program. The cost to Brown Dog to assist those 71 applicants averages $71,000. As you can see, the need nationwide is great. Establishing a National Program does not take away from localized Chapters - it simply allows Brown Dog to help more families save their pet's life.

I'd like to share a few stories from families Brown Dog was forced to turn away because our National Program does not yet exist.

From Lukkas in Ames IA: I lost my job on 10/27/2011 and 2 days later I had to take my pet to the vet - they found an obstruction in his intestines. Without immediate surgery he would have died. My doctor is allowing me to make payments, but with no job, I don't know how I will.

From Amber Jean in White River VT: I work hard, but barely make enough to get by. Blake, my 4 month old Pit bull, began to get sick on 10/26/11. We brought her to our local ER veterinarian who was open. They did a test for Parvo virus. It came back positive. Her white blood cell are suppose to be 5 to 7 which are used to fight the virus but Blake are only 1.4, she cant fight this alone. The Veterinarian cannot begin treatment without payment.

From Dee in Mesa AZ: I am on disability. I can barely provide for my family and have had to sell a lot of my stuff just to pay bills. I have two boys. I was hit by a truck while riding my bike 2 years ago and sustained near-fatal injuries. I can not sit for long periods of time. I can no longer work because of the pain. Our dog, Ace, is very ill and has been in the emergency clinic since Thursday. His calcium is elevated and he has exhibited the side effects from that including muscle twitching. He has been throwing up (for a week) and lost 8 pounds. At times, he can not walk due to the side effects which include heart failure. Ace will die without further treatment.

The survey will be available until December 31, 2011. We thank you for your input!!!

To help Brown Dog Foundation raise funds, please contact carol@browndogfoundation.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment